Saturday 15 October 2016

Namdaemun market

I slept in a bit to recover from the day trip. After breakfast I walked to Namdaemun market which sprawls across many city blocks. This is one of the entrances.


The first impression I got was clothes, clothes and more clothes. Koreans seem keen on dress and accessories. That would account for the clothes and textiles coming out of Korea that I saw in Taipei markets.


They are also keen on health and beauty products.


But of course there is also food. I sampled some street snacks.


There were also uncooked ingredients.


Chillies are essential in Korean cuisine.


This shop was selling confectionery from all over the world.


Street performers in cartoon costumes. Most likely connected to the festa (of shopping) proclaimed by the banner.


Looked colourful to me, so I took the photo.


This is the Great Southern Gate that Namdaemun means.

No comments:

Post a Comment