Friday 21 October 2016

Arrival in Busan

The hotel owners were very kind to me, the wife always had a small treat like a sweet or a small bottle of yogurt when I went out exploring. So it was a little sad to leave. I always bear in mind: I will not pass this way again, i.e. any people I meet or places I see will be just the once.


I took the 600 bus back to the airport. By now I knew where the stop was, where I should have hopped off on arrival. It was pouring throughout the trip. Lots of margin to check in, but the flight was delayed and I only reached Busan late afternoon. Then I had to tackle the public transport, which involved first a short overhead light rail system, transferring to the metro system.

The worst was yet to come. The hotel was in the middle of the nightlife district, so the area was thick with signs. The GPS location from the booking site was wrong, but I didn't know it. I wasted time looking around in case the coordinates were slightly off. In the end I used the location from Google Maps and this turned out to be correct.


After dinner I explored the district. These chequered flats caught my fancy.


Koreans like big shopping edifices like this.


This was a little sidewalk market selling trinkets.

The room was very comfy, even if the fittings were a little worn. There was little street noise, the airconditioning worked, and the WiFi was fast. The shower was strange. The bathtub drained onto the bathroom floor where the floor outlet carried the water out.

No comments:

Post a Comment