Saturday 22 October 2016

Jagalchi market

Jagalchi is a huge multistorey fish market. By fish of course the Koreans include all kinds of edible sea denizen, including some that other cultures might hesitate to eat.

This is just one aisle, on the ground floor only mind you.

And another.

There is an outside section too.

A semi-covered section.

Piles of shellfish in this section.

Octopuses. I thought the 국산 on the sign means octopus but a translator tells me it just means domestic. As opposed to imported, I suppose.

Looks like they are ordered by tentacle length.

Bigger ones.

I couldn't resist dropping in on a restaurant to have another serve of jeonbokjuk (abalone porridge). As usual, lots of side dishes accompanied.

I have a feeling the flat strips closest to the camera are seaweed. I should have taken notes.

Another look indoors.

The harbour view outside the market.

And a wire sculpture emblematic of the market.

I started walking back towards central station, and the story continues in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment