Thursday 13 October 2016

Arrival at Incheon

Incheon City includes an island off the coast of Korea and the airport there is linked by express train to Seoul. The trip takes about an hour. When someone says they live in Seoul, it's is likely they actually live in the outskirts, comprising Seoul and Gyeonggi provinces, which adjoin Incheon on the coast.

The airport was huge. I got Korean currency, the Won, from an ATM. The rate was about 850W to 1AUD so I usually dropped 3 digits off the right and added 20% for an estimate of prices. Then I hopped onto the AREX directly to Seoul Central Station. There I bought a T-money card and loaded it. These are available in other shapes than cards.

The guesthouse was just off the main drag in Myeong-dong, which is a busy shopping area. Despite the evening hour, there were crowds swarming the street. Areas of Seoul keep going into the early hours of the morning. Fortunately my lodgings were a little way up a hill and away from the bustle. I checked in, showered and settled in for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment