Friday 28 October 2016

Goodbye Korea

The pictures end abruptly after Yongsan market. The Korea I visited was very urbanised and sometimes I wasn't motivated to take pictures. Perhaps if I liked architecture and design more; they seem to be good at that. There is a country Korea which I only had a glimpse of in Seoraksan and Jeonju. But it's hard for me to access that without more knowledge of the Korean language and culture. A lot of travel information on the Internet is in Korean as domestic tourism dwarfs foreign tourism. And it's a populous and crowded country.

I found the Koreans very polite and helpful. It's a very co-operative society. I liked some of the food. I found Korean flavours strong, but many dishes I felt had too much sauce of some kind or other.

It's a mountainous country and if I visit again, I would try to see more of the landscape. I was particularly taken by the pristine landscape in the 2003 film Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter … and Spring which is a Buddhist moral tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment